Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do You Know How Beautiful You Are ? (For Heartsong)

My wonderful friend Heartsong usually posts 'Sunday Sounds' at http://heartsongshymnal.blogspot.com/. No post for today.
So until you share your beautiful music with us, I am posting this
one in your honor.




Do you know how beautiful,
Do you know how beautiful,
Children do you know
How beautiful you really are?

Do you know how beautiful,
Do you know how beautiful,
If you only knew how beautiful
You really are
You really are beautiful.

Have you heard the legend of
The queen in sorrow's robes?
She found she was a statue
In an ancient sacred grove

And she could not find a meaning
Of the fires at her feet!
All the precious sacrifices
Burning sad and sweet
So she cried, and she cried,
And she cried.
She cried,

"Children…

Do you know how beautiful
Do you know how beautiful
Children do you know how beautiful you really are?

Do you know how beautiful
Do you know how beautiful
If you only knew how beautiful you really are

Cities rose around her,
Rose to fall again.
But mostly she´s invisible,
Though every now and then,
You can hear her cry, hear her cry,
Hear her cry,
Cry...

"Children...

Do you know how beautiful
Do you know how beautiful
Children, do you know how beautiful you really are

Do you know how beautiful
Do you know how beautiful
Children do you know how beautiful you really are
If you only knew how beautiful you really are
You really are
Beautiful

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my...what an incredible song! My beautiful sister...this is such a gift. Thank you!

    I'll be back Sunday with more music...and I am adding this song to my own personal collection of music that makes my heart ache. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn Heartsong: I didn't mean to make you sad : ( It is indeed a beautiful song! I love Joshua Kadison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no...the ache isn't sadness. Sometimes something is just so...right...my heart fills so full with something...that ache is the only word I have for it. As a writer, you'd think I could do better...but I haven't yet.

    I am not familiar with Joshua Kadison but I'm going to be. Thank you for this gift!

    ReplyDelete