Sunday, November 1, 2009

Still Chasing Sleep

Going on 2-3 hours/night for about a week now. I'm exhausted but my house is clean. This morning I yanked the memory foam topper off the bed & took it back to WalMart. It's nice and soft & cushy, but it's like sleeping in an oven. My guess is covers were flung off/on about 80 times last night. Worked on dvd video issues a good part of the morning; Deacon solved it in about 5 minutes. Gggrrrrr. Tried out a fancy new mop .. left my floors all streaked .. it's going back too. To Hell with these newfangled contraptions, I'm going back to an old-fashioned sponge mop.

I'm tired, I'm irritable, head won't stop hurting, and I'm about to panic wondering how I can possibly go back to work when I can't sleep.

It's funny the things that push you over the edge.

4 comments:

  1. Is this possibly a side effect of the toxins in your latest treatment? Or maybe even delayed effects from the earlier rounds? I sure hope you get some good shuteye soon, Sis...keeping you in thought and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take oral steroids the night before a treatment, then steroids in IV during treatment, but I can't imagine them staying in my system nearly 2 weeks. Is that possible ? I've had trouble sleeping for well over a year, but Ambien CR worked pretty well until the past few weeks .. which does correspond with the new chemo drug. In the meantime ... I have *waxed* floors !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog on Autumn Heartsong's. Wow, sounds like you're having quite a time. Don't think I can even come up with any words of encouragement. The cancer drugs are such killer's in themselves.
    Will keep you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy: Thank you. And thanks for stopping by !

    ReplyDelete