Monday, November 2, 2009

Hope !

I slept about 6 hours last night somewhere between about 3:00 & 9:00. At 2:30 since I hadn't been to sleep yet, I got back up to tackle my next mid-night project & decided instead to try my sleep meds again. Took my Ambien CR, turned off the alarm & went back to bed. OMG .. it worked ! Maybe all the other things I'm trying are starting to help. Afraid to get my hopes up too much until I see what happens tonight. Did talk with the Dr office, and yes, the steroids I'm taking *do* have a longer residual effect than I had thought. She said it may take weeks after my last treatment to get it all out of my system, and that is likely what is over-riding my sleep meds. My options are to either ride it out or go to a stronger sleep med. For now I'm going to keep experimenting and see if I can get by. I've cut out all caffeine, stopped taking any meds that might be contributing (like replacing my Zyrtec with Benadryl), I yanked the memory-foam topper off my bed yesterday morning so I wouldn't get so hot. Will be interesting to see how it goes tonight.

It has been beau-ti-ful here the last couple of days ! Got some chores done this morning & went for a nice walk in the crunchy leaves this afternoon. I'm planning a relaxing evening, with a movie & maybe a nice long bubble bath. It's been forever since I turned my bath into a candlelit haven with wine and soft music. Ok, so I have to skip the wine for now .. maybe some grape juice.

At least my positive thoughts are returning .. yayyyyy ! I expect to feel well the next couple of days .. just in time to psych myself up for my next treatment on Thursday. Only two more !!!


3 comments:

  1. Only two more? Yes! I knew they had to come to an end sometime...only two more. :) Yay!

    I'm glad you got a little moe sleep, Booful...and I hope tonight repeats that gift and more. Love you much...enjoy that bubble bath and all the grape juice your heart desires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bubble bath was wonnnnderful ! Definitely need to do that more often. Can you believe only 2 treatments left .. it seems sort of unreal.

    ReplyDelete