Friday, November 13, 2009

More Youthful

Sorry to be so long in posting for those of you who are keeping up with me. I'm ok, just very tired.

Today was eventful .. I picked up my silicone breast forms .. they actually look pretty good. They're definitely more 'youthful' looking than I was naturally.

I won a 32" tv through a drawing at work ! I'm not quite sure I've ever won anything. Sweet !

Not quite as exuberant as I've been in months past .. the chemo is wearing me down both physically and emotionally. But ... I still think I'm doing great considering how it could be. Next week I will have my last treatment, then I can breathe a little deeper and begin to regain my strength.

As bizarre as it may sound, I am thankful for this journey. It has enriched me as a person, I have learned it's ok to let friends help, I have met some truly amazing people, and I am a stronger, happier woman than I was 6 months ago.

Holy Father, Divine Mother ...
I thank you for this season of my life.
I thank you for the people who have made it easier.
Please help me open my heart and my hands to give back.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, you've written such beautiful words. May I share them? (You always say yes...and I still have to ask!) I love you.

    ReplyDelete