Monday, October 26, 2009

Mr Sandman ...

Today has been very discouraging .. much pain, have been sleeping very little. I seem to only be able to sleep between 5:00 - 9:00 am. I've taken Ambien CR for over a year & it's just not helping anymore. In addition to that I've tried OTC Unisom, melatonin, valerian root, chamomile, Benadryl .. sometimes alllllll together. I did try a narcotic sleep med ONE night .. that was enough .. I'd rather be awake.

Say a prayer, light a candle, chant a spell, somebody please send some sleep my way ??

2 comments:

  1. Booful Sis, I'll do what I can, sending restful, deep, sweet dream laden sleep your way!

    I could come read some of my old poetry to you. That's been known to put people to sleep. Of course, it's also been known to make them queasy...maybe not the best choice. :)

    I love you...remember your friend's advice (that I've adopted as my own)...it's a season, not a lifetime...and just think what joy will come in the morning after you finally get that good, long, restful sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ! Last night went some better (thank you pain meds), woke up a lot but was able to go back to sleep (thank you more pain meds). It seemed strange sleeping outside the 5:00 - 9:00 am window. Got up earlier today in the hopes it would help tonight. I'm experimenting with some things. At least right now I have the luxury of not having to be up at a certain time except on treatment days.

    ReplyDelete