Monday, August 31, 2009

Down the Drain

Last Thursday was my second treatment. If I follow the same pattern, today will be my hardest day. I'm sticking close to the anti-nausea med schedule this time .. seem to be doing a little better with that. Still have to be very careful what I eat .. don't want to push my luck. Will probably spend a lot of time napping today; I've learned that's ok.

This morning's shower brought a new experience. When I washed my hair (already buzzed close), my hands and shoulders were covered with loose hair. Odd feeling watching my hair slide down my body and go down the drain. I was sure there would be none left by the time I toweled dry, but there is. I feel fairly sure it will all go next time though. My scalp isn't as stark white as I had expected; maybe time spent reading out on the deck has helped with that. (Note to self: be careful in the sun.)

I'm ok, right where I should be. Very tired but will start perking back up in a few more days. Today I'll go back to the 2x2 plan .. up a couple of hours, nap a couple of hours. I'll watch the birdies and the squirrels at my feeders. If I can, I'll read a page or two ('Eclipse'). And maybe watch an episode of 'Red Skelton'.

My home is quiet and peaceful .. the sound of the aquarium bubbling in the background, birdies chirping just outside my window. No kitty meows. I keep looking toward Badajan's urn hoping he will decide to haunt me and I'll hear that precious creature again. If that ever does happen, I'll have to make a point to *not* post about it here .. otherwise you will worry for my sanity.

Holy Father, guide my steps as I walk this path. Divine Mother, help me to be kind and gentle with those who walk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment