Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Chemo

Results from heart test was ok, today's labwork was ok except just a little bit anemic (have to start taking prenatal vitamins). Was able to go ahead and do first chemo treatment. Seemed to take a very long time (we were there 5 hours with the labwork, seeing dr, and treatment), but it went very well. Had a headache/dizziness with the Cytoxan, but the nurse said to remind them next time & they would slow the drip down & that should help. The Adriamycin makes you pee red .. jeeeepers I'm glad they told me about that ! Feel a little 'buzzy-headed' but otherwise great !

I'm armed with an arsenal of anti-nausea meds & am eating bland foods (chicken noodle-doodle soup is my friend). Tomorrow I go back for the Neulasta shot.

Yayyyyyy .. the first treatment is over ! Now I know what to expect .. that will make it easier.

Thanks so much to all of your for your prayers & words of encouragement. And a very special thank you to Deborah .. http://ddlatt.blogspot.com/ for making my road so much easier by sharing hers before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment