Friday, September 11, 2009

#3

First let me apologize to those of you who follow my progress through this blog for taking so long to update again.

Didn't bounce back as well from Treatment #2. I did ok, but just never did get much energy back. Yesterday was #3, and today I went for my Neulasta shot. Planning to take it easy the rest of the day. I have to be very careful what I eat so the nausea doesn't get out of control, but this time I need to try to find more sources of protein that are easily-digested. High-protein shakes seemed like a good idea, but milk products don't work so well. If you have any ideas out there, let me know ! Hmmm .. maybe I need to contact a vegan friend.

Even when my days are challenging, I try to focus on those things around me that are still great .. watching & listening to the birds that honor me by venturing up to my feeders, closing my eyes and listening to Andrea Bocelli, seeing the smile on my neighbor's face if she sees me outside, the bunnies that play in my lower yard.

One of the things that's comforting to me is going to sound bizarre. I have a rock formation in my back yard that to me looks exactly like a 'fallen warrior'. Very few others can 'see' it, some who say they do are probably just humoring me. I've lived here for over 17 years. I didn't even notice it until a couple of years ago. I was sitting on the deck and just looked down through the yard, and he was as clear as could be. No, I'm not nuts .. I just have a vivid imagination.

Centuries ago Indians heavily populated this area. In my mind I can see him giving his life to protect his home, his family. As odd as it may sound, I feel like his spirit may still hover these grounds, and keep me safe as well. Or it may just be a rock.

1 comment:

  1. It's only "just a rock" if you ignore the message you receive from it. Whether the message is coming from the rock or from your own higher self, your intuitive, knowing self...the value of the message is the same.

    And it really doesn't matter one whit whether anyone else sees a fallen warrior or a rock. :)

    ReplyDelete