Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thank you, Mother Teresa ...

Thank you, Mother Teresa .. you are much on my mind today. You gave completely of yourself to others, without bluster, without fanfare; you gave freely of your smiles and your touch. Surely there is no one who was honored by your presence who was not happier and more peaceful because of it. You taught us such simple philosophies that were life-changing.

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."

"We can not do great things. We can only do little things with great love. "

I have experienced first-hand how powerful those 'little things' are. The friend who called the night before my surgery and prayed a sincere prayer with me. The aunt who made me one of her awesome chocolate pies. The cousin who got down in the floor with my kitty and asked Jesus to bless him. My mother who made sure I had a comfy chair to sleep in after my surgery. The friend who drove three hours to give me a hug and a massage. The stack of cards from co-workers and friends. The text messages and emails. My son has kept me laughing and kept me believing in myself. My sister's husband cooked meals for me. My sister has driven me to dr appts, taken me to the grocery store, went to get the lunch I was craving, held me when I cried, and has kept a finger locked under my chin to keep me facing up.

Maybe none of those things are great within themselves, but those little things done with such great love has impacted me beyond measure. Rest well, Mother Teresa, your tenets of love abound.


No comments:

Post a Comment