Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring!

I am excited for spring for a variety of reasons. I usually like the cold winter weather, but I am looking forward to spring's warmth, to be able to sit on my deck and watch the delightful birdies who visit my feeders. I feel like I've come through a cold season in my life, not because of breast cancer, but because of a closing of my heart for very many years. The breast cancer was my awakening of how valuable life truly is, a realigning of priorities, and a realization that I do need others. I seem to be in a season of transition, of wanting to move forward, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. As our Divine Mother clothes the earth in the beauty of springtime, I sense a renewal of my own spirit. And I'm excited!

4 comments:

  1. Our daffodils are up and the warmer weather is wonderful! OK, maybe snow tomorrow - but most days it is warmer. Enjoy your rebirth. You were already wonderful so I can't imagine someone even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound wonderful...Spring will make it even better...how many bird feeders do you have??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue: Yayyyy for daffodils! Thank you for your kind words.

    Judy: I have three feeders. Planning to change the sunflower seed feeder out soon in favor of something with less mess. I have a feeder with nyjer seed for the wittle finches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one feeder with suet but the squirrels keep getting in it and the big birds; the cats watch it closely also...don't need to feed the cats more than they eat already...

    ReplyDelete