Saturday, March 13, 2010

Girlie Weekend

I had the wonderful delight of spending time with my sister & niece last weekend. We ran away to a cabin in the mountains of northern Georgia for a 'girlie' weekend. Giggles & shopping, wine & a fire (in the fireplace not the kitchen), cookies & quiet heart-to-heart talks, dancing in pj's & peaceful rest.

During chemo, we had talked about how much we wanted to go to Helen, Ga, but I wasn't sure I would ever have enough energy to do that again, at least not for a very long time. It was amazing.

I still don't have my full strength back, but I seem to be able to tell a difference every week. I have fuzzy hair and eyelashes, I'm making it through the work-day much better, and I've even been able to do a few things after work several days.

I'm rediscovering my faith and seem to be finding a new niche. As bizarre as it sounds, I am a much happier little girl since surgery/chemo.

Life is good. I'm excited about it for the first time in a very long time.

Holy Father, thank you for the refreshing of my spirit.
Blessed Mother, thank you for the calming of my soul.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good trip...lots of positive energy there...laughter is such a powerful force...sending you more healing energy to possibly help you further in your speedy recovery...Life is good...

    ReplyDelete