Sunday, February 14, 2010

And that's ok ...

I didn't realize it was Valentine's Day until this afternoon. It's been a little over ten years since I heard the words 'I love you' (other than family & very close friends). And that's ok.

I've loved in my lifetime, perhaps one time too many. I recognize that I'm not likely to love again .. closed hearts rarely re-open. And that's ok.

I once described my heart as residing in an inner chamber in a stone fortress. Very few are invited in. It's cool, it's protected. And that's ok.

On this Valentine's Day, I celebrate the love I see in others. I don't look for a 'great love'; I hold in my heart the joy of loves-past. And that's ok.

Holy Father, strengthen my fortress that I may remain content and happy with my life.
Divine Mother, help me to reflect the love of others and display your gentleness and kindness.




5 comments:

  1. I love you. Wherever you heart is, however dark and cool and protected...thanks for letting me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn Heartsong: Your friendship is a safe haven .. I am blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sweetie (deep sigh)...Wishing you contentment in your life, but also wishing you the pulse-quickening of fresh emotion...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy: I get all the 'pulse-quickening' I need when I pull out in front of people on the highway (g).

    ReplyDelete