Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wow ...

... something happened to me yesterday that hasn't happened in a very long time ... years even.

I was coming back from the Walgreens' in my neighborhood; short drive. While I was sitting at the red light waiting to turn left, I glanced over to the car (which happened to be a truck) beside me. We all do that don't we ? The man in the truck gave me a huge smile and winked. Now maybe it was because I had just gotten my car cleaned the day before, and I'll admit it is pretty gorgeous when it's clean. Or maybe he likes girls in hats. Or maybe he likes bald women. Or maybe he recognized the 'chemo-look' and thought I needed a smile. Or maybe I reminded him of his mother who is far away and he misses. Or maybe I don't need to analyze it and just be thankful. For whatever reason, it absolutely made my day and I beamed happily back at him.

No .. I didn't follow him.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he saw a beautiful woman with a shining spirit and just couldn't help himself. :)

    If he'd been in uniform, would the story have ended differently? Just wonderin'... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh absolutely! I would have at least rolled the window down to see if he wanted to have a conversation (g).

    ReplyDelete