Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sunshine & Rain .. Peace & Nightmares

Last weekend I had the most wonderful time with friends in a cabin in North Carolina. Days with shopping the cozy shops in Boone & Blowing Rock, and viewing one of the awesome fresco paintings at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Glendale Springs. Nights were listening to the rain & sitting by the fire, cuddling, sharing philosophical thoughts, breathing in the quiet peacefulness.

During that wonderful weekend however, an old demon returned to haunt me .. a recurring nightmare that propels me into a screaming fit in my sleep. I woke up everyone in the cabin before I could get myself awake. Usually that happens when I'm either over-heated or over-stressed, and this time I was neither. I was comfy, felt safe and secure, and was very relaxed. The only explanation I can come up with is an explosive release of residual stress. I suspect I darn near caused a coronary.

If I promise to behave next time, can we go again ?

Please please please.

Holy Father, thank you for the love of friends.
Help me return the love I have so generously been given.

Divine Mother, thank you for the beauty of the mountains.
Help me see your face in both the sunshine and the rain.




3 comments:

  1. I understand North Carolina is a good place to spend the quality time as you did with your friends...do it again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one of the potential coronary victims, you need not ever doubt the possibility of a return engagement...but I really, Really, REALLY hope the nightmares stay home!

    It was a great weekend, wasn't it? Maybe the best thing about it was the uncrowded agenda, leaving plenty of time for the quieter, simpler pleasures.

    Again...soon.

    ReplyDelete