Friday, April 9, 2010

Wonderful News!

Earlier this week I got lab results that said the cancer cells are gone .. yayyyyy! Today I had my port removed. It seems like the end of a long journey, but in reality it's only the beginning. It's the end of surgery (unless I decide to have reconstruction), the end of chemo, the end of the bulging port on my chest, the end of the cancer ride. But it's only the beginning of a much happier life. How can that be? I want to go out on my deck and yell to all my neighbors .. 'I'm clear ! I'm happy!'. I'm truly alive for the first time in a very long time.

Holy Father, thank you for restoring my health.
You have ordered my steps when I thought I was lost.
Divine Mother, thank you for restoring my soul.
You have whispered peace to my heart in the midst of turmoil.

Blessed Father, I searched for you in lofty places,
And found you within my own heart.
Queen of Heaven, I wondered if you existed,
And found you in the air I breathe.











3 comments:

  1. Great News!!! Hooray!!! Now keep that wonderful new health!!! YEAHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Blessed Father, I searched for you in lofty places,
    And found you within my own heart.
    Queen of Heaven, I wondered if you existed,
    And found you in the air I breathe."

    Oh, my...that's beautiful!

    And you already KNOW how I feel about the absence of cancer cells...and how much I love you.

    ReplyDelete