Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Clearer Head

Message this morning .. surgery has been rescheduled for Thursday, June 25th 5:00 am. Son will be home the day before & he'll be there a full week after I go home on Friday. Panic over. I called the nurse back and told her to please thank the surgeon for being willing to schedule early on his 'office' day. And then I sincerely apologized for my 'meltdown' with her yesterday. She says not to worry .. that's normal. Normal ???? It's normal ???? I explained that I simply didn't understand why all thru this experience I've been uncannily calm and then I lost it over a two-day change in surgery dates. She said it was good that I did that. Good that I was quite seriously thinking about canceling surgery altogether ? Hmmm .. I'll have to think about that one.

Someone remind me later .. I owe this kind lady flowers.



2 comments:

  1. it's most definitely normal to have meltdowns after diagnosis and throughout cancer treatment! i think meltdown is now my middle name! :) you're right on track!! welcome to crazy cancerland. by the way, have you seen the documentary "Crazy Sexy Cancer"? you can rent it at blockbuster. it's amazing. i saw it the very day i was diagnosed, and it guided me throughout my entire experience. because of that video, i got really serious about my diet and exercise before surgery so i could be as strong as possible, and it really, really helped with my surgery and my recovery. kris carr is so inspiring. she made me realize i could get through all of this, even when i was terrified. so can you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the flowers hehe... hugs love you

    ReplyDelete