Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ooops

Ooops .. I missed Friday Flashback! I have a reason (excuse). I've been doing all the last minute preparations for my next surgery, 'nesting' of sorts. House is clean, grocery shopping done, errands run, all the things I won't be able to do for a few days, well ok, for more than a few days.

I'll be having what I hope will be my last surgery tomorrow morning. The second step of the reconstruction process .. taking out the expanders & placing the permanent implants. I'll have some minor procedures later, but this should be the last of the surgeries.

I'm excited ! Not only because I'll have boobies again, but because this marks the end of the breast cancer detour. Maybe 'detour' isn't the right word. 'Detour' indicates you divert off your regular path and at some point resume it again. I won't be resuming my regular path. I've been able to make some positive changes .. changes in attitude, changes in lifestyle, changes in faith. I'm looking forward to the new paths that lie ahead!

Holy Father, thank you for your care.
Blessed Mother, thank you for your peace.
Help me be sensitive to the needs of others
As they have so kindly been with me.

1 comment:

  1. By now you should be home and recovering from that last surgery...I'm sure things went beautifully...

    ReplyDelete